click image enlarge
Note: This is not the final set up (hint, hint Rot). I have a few more lighting effects to set up this coming weekend and the fogger with chiller as well, but today was way more productive than I anticipated. I'll make a big post of photos with all the effects going by next weekend (I hope). I plan to make a video out of photos and video clips for my grand finale post of the season.
After Kyle brought home the pumpkin spice creamer (yum) he was ready to help me set up the base for my standing witch. I have two kneeling on one knee each, but I wanted the third to be leaning over the cauldron casting her spell. We used one of last year's stands that was used for much heavier monster mud on chicken wire prop that worked really well for my PVC mache witch.
Once I had the third "body" ready all I had to do was dress them. Let me tell you, I never had that much fun with barbies ever. I put their plastic table cloth bases on then added layers of dyed cheesecloth and creepy cloth. I distressed the layers and used spray adhesive to put it all on. I used spray adhesive to add their hair which is made up of hand made wool roving dreadlocks and synthetic yarn I basically un-spun by hand.