Prop Heads Part IV

Looks like I'm going to have to brush up on my Roman numerals before I'm done with this project.  The teeth turned out better than I could have imagined for a first time attempt.  The translucent white Sculpy clay baked into a perfect dingy nasty tooth color, probably not their intention, but great for me.  I inserted then right into the cured expanding foam and things really started to take shape.  I've studied the human skeleton including dentition for a while now and although they are obviously not the real deal, they are 100% better than anything I've seen sold in the stores or on other homemade props (with a few exceptions).  So I give myself an A- for the teeth.  The Devil's Workshop has the tutorial for the teeth.  
I give myself a C for sculpting the face.  Don't ask me what I was thinking with the upper lip.  Did someone punch her in the face?  Well the jacked up teeth are on purpose, but that upper lip has got to go.  Luckily I have the Dremel charging to take care of that.  I now realize I want a gummy grimace like when a cat hisses and bears it's teeth.  Easy enough I figure.  A little hot glue to ensure the teeth stay in place and nice tightly drawn lips.  I also plan to shave off the lower left jaw as I realize the Bucky skull original I used as a model is most likely male.  Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this experiment.  Trust me, this project is not being done in planned steps. It is just working itself out as I go.  

Comments

  1. you did such a great job on the teeth. awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts