Thursday, August 19, 2010

Prop Heads Part IV

Looks like I'm going to have to brush up on my Roman numerals before I'm done with this project.  The teeth turned out better than I could have imagined for a first time attempt.  The translucent white Sculpy clay baked into a perfect dingy nasty tooth color, probably not their intention, but great for me.  I inserted then right into the cured expanding foam and things really started to take shape.  I've studied the human skeleton including dentition for a while now and although they are obviously not the real deal, they are 100% better than anything I've seen sold in the stores or on other homemade props (with a few exceptions).  So I give myself an A- for the teeth.  The Devil's Workshop has the tutorial for the teeth.  
I give myself a C for sculpting the face.  Don't ask me what I was thinking with the upper lip.  Did someone punch her in the face?  Well the jacked up teeth are on purpose, but that upper lip has got to go.  Luckily I have the Dremel charging to take care of that.  I now realize I want a gummy grimace like when a cat hisses and bears it's teeth.  Easy enough I figure.  A little hot glue to ensure the teeth stay in place and nice tightly drawn lips.  I also plan to shave off the lower left jaw as I realize the Bucky skull original I used as a model is most likely male.  Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this experiment.  Trust me, this project is not being done in planned steps. It is just working itself out as I go.  

1 comment:

  1. you did such a great job on the teeth. awesome.

    ReplyDelete