Prop Heads Part II

I started fleshing out the first witch head by adding ping pong ball eyes, trimmed to fit sockets, and Sculptamold by Amco which is a paper based paste mache you mix with water.  I like how the word "night" ended up over the mouth BTW.   I am now a huge fan of the powdered paper mache "clay" medium.  Its easy to work with, is water soluble, has no fumes, and you can simply sand down or cut once its dry.  I'm very happy with the left- our left, eye and I have a long way to go with the nose.  For a hour's effort, I am really happy with the results.  

I am also currently, as I blog, curing 20 individual teeth made with Sculpy translucent white clay.  The Devil's Workshop has a great video on how to make them.  In the meantime, here is a little spookier version of the new "face job".  
Did I mention the eyes are set up so I can put LED's in them?  Of yeah, I did already.  

Comments

Popular Posts