Boise Harrison Blvd Halloween

Harrison Blvd is the premier Trick or Treating locale in Boise Idaho. I haven't visited in a few years, but took some photos on All Hallows Eve Eve. They close the street off to vehicle traffic, thousands come. We don't get anywhere near as much.



 The homeowners put up cation tape to keep their yards from being overwhelmed. I'm not sure if I'd want to haunt on this street. But the houses are amazing.



 This is a seasonal icon, the lions in their pumpkin suits.



 This is another iconic home. They usually have hundreds of carved pumpkins. It looks like they are moving out. I hope the new owners do a good job next year.


 Some new haunts have appeared after years of the same old thing.
 I loved the ghost in the window.
 Poltergeist! The TV was on snow!




 Single hanging ghoul.


 A reference to a new remake.
Finally, a rip off of my favorite haunter's work. Not the homeowner's fault. It was store bought, but Pumpkinrot came up with it first. If you love Halloween check out Punpkinrot.com.

Comments

  1. Wow - what a blast. I will get 9 trick or treaters at best. Still hoping one day ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these pics! What a neighborhood. It looks like there are some pretty nice houses under those decorations. Some of these are genuinely creepy! Like the ones with the ghost women. The girl from Poltergeist cracked me up. :) Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the picture that's 3rd from the bottom, because witches and storybook-style houses go hand-in-hand. Entire neighborhood is a delight, to be sure.

    I'm replying late (and NOT on your more recent, more Christmas-y post) because I actually logged on here looking for a post you made a long time ago about how/why pets eat their owners when they die, and they start with the face. I was telling someone about how I was now OK with all of that (at least, its far less gross to me) since reading your article. But I cant find it now! Can you remember what date you wrote that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, that would have been around 2008. Let me see.

      Delete
    2. I guess I didn't start this blog until 2010, I can't seem to find that post. Some of my early stuff got deleted somehow. But the face eating thing is true. I saw it several times.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts