Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seedlings 2014

 Most of the seedlings have been put into 2 inch pots, which the petunias seem to be overcoming. I know I will up pot the tomatoes and a few others into 4 inch pots, hopefully not too many. We have about 160 plants started so far. There will  be around 50 more that get started just a few weeks before last frost. Luckily we have s south facing bay window I can move a table into behind the couch if we get caught in a bind. 
Most of the seeds started this winter are flowers. Some annuals and perennials.  I think we have 8 or 9 tomato varieties, mostly small ones like cherries and grapes. Kyle has his jalapenos and I started a couple big Italian peppers for grilling. 

Now all we need to do is build beds and fill them with soil and amendments...

3 comments:

  1. Your tomatoes look great! So big! Kim's just germinated. I got busy and planted some flower seeds indoors yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration! I had kind of a down year last year as we've decided to move out of state for retirement. I think I went through a mini-depression at the thought of leaving my garden, but now I'm getting past that trauma and just want to enjoy it while we're still here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're looking at 3 1/2 years from now, probably. We have purchased a house, just need to get it paid before we move up. It's near Kalispell. It would be great to have a visit from you someday.....we're rather close to Glacier National Park.

    ReplyDelete