Autumn Gardening

Orange Icicle, Pearly Pink, Egg Yolk, 2 black cherries, and two of the world's smallest Mortgage Lifters up top. My favorite way of processing tomatoes this year is in the dehydrator with Italian herbs. They turn into delicious sun-dried tomatoes fairly easily.
 



 We were really pleased with the tomato pergola experiment. I should have taken photos before the above harvest, but got to carried away to do so. You get the idea.

Our artichokes did send out some blooms, they just never looked right for harvest and are now ready to bloom. I'm O.K. with that. 

Comments

  1. Wow! Look at that harvest! I like checking your blog to see all the different, exotic tomatoes. I know your thoughts on the Orange Icicle, but would you recommend growing the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the pearly pinks were prolific and great, very sweet. Black cherry is also really good. Kyle loved the Honey bunch hybrids from Burpee. White queen didn't work well in our garden, they seemed to go from unripe to mush overnight. Egg yolk was O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep all that in mind, if I see the seeds for sale. I really enjoyed growing tomatoes this year, so I'd like to try a few different kinds next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, i like the idea of adding italian herbs before dehydrating the tomatoes. i bet they smell amazing. it would also be kind of cool to chop up some fresh basil (or even stick whole leaves of basil onto the slices of tomato) and dehydrate them together. i might give that a shot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts